Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thankful Thursday!!!


I am SO thankful that Joe's heart cath went well.  He did need a new stent, which makes #5.  Dr. Owen was happy with how it went.  We so trust our cardiologist.  He has done all of Joe's stents, the first one in 2003, and he also goes to our church.  He told me he looked at the other four stents and they are all open and functioning fine.  I can bring him home this morning.

I am feeling better, but still suffer some horrid coughing spells that are embarrassing and they hurt. I hope I can be done with that soon!

Thank you all, who have been praying for us.  Thank you!



I thought you might enjoy this little 'funny' that I got by email from my friend, Lois...


SENIORS COFFEE GROUP, OVER-HEARD IN A FLORIDA DINER....

  A group of seniors were sitting around talking about their ailments at the diner.

 "My arms have got so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.

 "Yes, I know," said another. "My cataracts are so bad; can't even see my coffee."

 "I couldn't even mark an "X" at election time because my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third.

  "What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you, said one elderly lady!

"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said one, to which several nodded weakly in agreement.

 "My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy!" exclaimed another.

 "I forget where I am and where I'm going," said another.

 "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he slowly shook his head.

The others nodded in agreement.

"Well, count your Blessings," said a woman cheerfully...

“Thank God we can all still drive."




Thanks for your visit today!  Peace & love!

10 comments:

  1. That funny was my laugh for the morning. More truth to it than we'd like to know. So happy Joe is doing well and I know about coughing spells. They are not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny.....I've seen some older folk who can barely walk get in a car and drive away....so scary. Praising God for Mr. Joe's good results. HOPE you get completely well soon. Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny.....I've seen some older folk who can barely walk get in a car and drive away....so scary. Praising God for Mr. Joe's good results. HOPE you get completely well soon. Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news Terri! Hope you both can enjoy a quiet weekend at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL

    I'm glad that Joe's cath went well. Hopefully you get over that cough quick.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news about Joe and I know he is soooo ready to be home, and you are ready for him too. The old cough seems to be the last thing to leave us when we have the old 'bugs', and hope you improve every day. I am thankful this Thursday for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful news! Praying your cough goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear that about Joe. Now for you to get rid of your horrible cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one, Terri! so many of us are going thru this stuff with our parents. I needed the laugh!

    I'm thankful your husband is doing well and will continue to pray that you soon overcome that terrible cough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for that laugh, it really made me chuckle!
    Glad to hear Joe's op went well and hopefully by the time you read this you'll be fully recovered from your cough xx

    ReplyDelete