We have had a good weekend, even if it wasn't what we anticipated it would be. We celebrated Joe's birthday on Friday night with dinner out with friends, then back to the house for birthday cake. We went to church Saturday and then out to dinner. When we got home, we invited our neighbor, Sheila, to come down for (another) birthday cake. Yesterday we went to the movies and saw "War Room" which was really great. All about the power of prayer and putting Jesus first in your life. We both loved it. The theater was full and at the end there was applause. We need to kick evil out of our lives (and country) and bring God back to the forefront. Well done.
Here are the photos I took....
Ice cream cake from Dairy Queen - Joe's favorite.
My handsome man!
We got a 'scoop out cake' at Sam's Club.
It was apple and caramel and DELICIOUS!
We sent some home with Sheila.
Today we will be catching up on chores around the house and getting ready for the week ahead. I hope your weekend has been a good one! Thanks for the visit! Peace & hugs!
I read that the movie War Room is a top grossing movie in the US, and it was proof that America was needing more faith-based movies. AMEN to that....America needs GOD!!! What a happy weekend you had....I'm so glad you all had so much fun. Mr. Joe looks happy. Enjoy your extra day off.
ReplyDeleteI don't like going to the movie theater. So I'll have to wait till it comes on Movies On Demand. I've heard a lot of good things about it
ReplyDeleteNo day off here....classes are in...anyways...so happy Joe had a great birthday and both cakes look good. I will have to look that movie up. Blessings
ReplyDeleteCakes look yummy. Never heard of a scoop out cake but it sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!
Both cakes look so good, so Joe had a 'double' birthday. Glad you have this day to catch up and be ready for the rest of the week.
ReplyDeleteNever heard of a scoop out cake. Lee's fave is Dairy Queen, too. Glad you guys are having a great weekend. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteDQ is Joe's favorite too. The scoop out cake was new to us, too. We saw them at Sam's - in apple/caramel and chocolate. They are like a triffle...layers of cake, caramel, marshmallow, apple, and whipped cream. Yummy!
DeleteBoth cakes looks delicious! Joe sure had some sweet celebrations.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Joe! (He is handsome!) :)
ReplyDeleteThe War Room was so good. There was applause in our theater too.
Those cakes look so delicious and unusual! I've heard such good things about The War Room. I'm eager to see it.
ReplyDelete