Bubbly
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!Saturday 9: Bubbly (2007)
... because Jodi suggested Colbie Caillat
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Singer Colbie Caillat says this song was inspired by a trip to "the beach and having a wonderful day with a person you like." Have you been to the beach yet this summer? As a matter of fact, yes and most people reading this have heard about my family reunion beach vacation last week!
2) Are you careful about applying sunscreen? Yes, I am. I burn in 10 minutes.
3) Colbie made her TV debut in a 2009 episode of Saturday Night Live. Are you a big SNL fan? Not any more. The original cast was great however!
4) "Bubbly" is often a synonym for champagne. When's the last time you enjoyed a glass of bubbly? I don't care for champagne, so even when it is available I don't drink it.
5) Colbie sang the National Anthem at the third game of the Red Sox/Cardinals World Series in 2013. How is your favorite baseball team doing so far this season? I don't care for baseball, but my Joe is a Phillies fan, so that makes me one by marriage. They are having an awful season.
6) In 2005, Ms. Caillat tried out for Season 4 of American Idol but was eliminated very early in the process, before she could even audition for Simon, Paula and Randy. The winner that year was Carrie Underwood. Are you a Carrie Underwood fan? She is okay, but I can't say I'm a fan.
7) In 2007, when "Bubbly" was popular, actress Yvonne deCarlo died. She was best known as Lily on The Munsters. If you had to choose (and yes, this Saturday you have to), would you rather hang out with Lily Munster or Morticia Addams? Morticia.
8) In 2007, MySpace was faced with a serious challenge from Facebook, and it's obvious which social network won. Did you have a MySpace account? If so, do you still post to it? Yes, I had one but I deleted it years ago.
9) Random question: Which have you had longer, your ironing board or your plunger? LOL!! Probably the ironing board.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
Wishing you a good Saturday/weekend!! I am sleeping in, getting my nails done and we will go to the grocery after Mass. It will be a relaxing weekend for me (I hope!). Prayers continue for Fran, Karen and also Elaine (not my BFF but the wife of a co-worker who has Stage III lung cancer).

My oh my....what challenging questions! #7 I would've skipped over completely 'cause I liked neither. LOL At least the characters mentioned in that question.
ReplyDeleteGood questions....great answers. You're ALWAYS able to give such thoughtful answers....mine would have to be "hmmmmm", or "duh" much of the time. LOL Happy Saturday!!!
ReplyDeletePrayers for all these people. I don't like champagne either, If I have to toast with it, I'll take a sip. I prefer apple cider, which is also bubbly, but good for the stomach and doesn't give me a headache. Morticia is a good choice too. Enjoy your Saturday.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your answers to the fun memes. Have a nice day getting your nails done, and ugh on the grocery store...you know, I have prob. mentioned this before, I was raised Catholic and don't remember going to Mass on Saturdays. Blessings
ReplyDeleteNever heard of this person either, and the questions were a little 'off' for me. Hope you do have a restful weekend, after the busy time you have had lately.
ReplyDeleteIt always surprises me in how many ways we differ. The OBVIOUSLY correct choice would be Lily, Terri. Good Grief!
ReplyDeletebytheby, champagne rocks, too. :) Happy Saturday, Toots.
DeleteI'd pick Morticia too. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
What a fun post! I agree with the champagne, only enjoy it in mimosas and on a very special occasion. Have a relaxing weekend!
ReplyDeleteThose were fun questions and answers even though I'd not heard of that person before. Of the two, I would also choose Morticia, but really never liked either of those shows.
ReplyDeleteThankfully, most of us have a more frequent need for an ironing board than a plunger!
ReplyDelete