Monday, January 12, 2015
Taking a pass on Memory Monday....
This week's Memory Monday Meme is supposed to be about MORE Vacation Memories. Last week I posted about our trip to Italy. In previous posts, I've written about vacations to Canada when I was a kid. That's enough vacation memories!!
It was not a vacation, but we had a good trip up to Georgia and back, to visit with my sister, Tammy, and to see her husband, Bruce. He is still in the hospital, and requires someone to be with him 24/7. He should still be in the ICU, but because his vital signs are all great, his insurance won't let them keep him in ICU. He is in a regular hospital room, but can't communicate and can't push the call button for help. There are 8-10 patients per nurse in the South Georgia Medical Center. We are not impressed by that hospital, in Valdosta, Georgia. There are some real problems with the Administration there. The nurses are all wonderful and do all they can. One of Bruce's daughters filed a grievance, things were so bad. It is also dirty. Really dirty.
Bruce is making progress, but it is slow and he isn't getting the help he needs for a good recovery. They (insurance) have basically decided he is too old to save. Thank you, Obamma Care. The death squads are real. Tammy and the 'kids' are fighting it. They heard today that there may be a place for him in a stroke rehab facility, back in Tallahassee. We may know more this week. His doctor is working for Bruce and the family, and we need to trust him to do what is best. But it is hard when the person you love is laying there, not getting the help he needs. My sister is exhausted.
Your prayers are appreciated!! Peace & love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely understand what your saying. Yes, my friend, the death panels are real, and ppl in general need to wake up..don't even get me going on insurance, we have to drive just about an hour to see a doctor and our one and only hospital is closing in March due to Obamacare, one will have to drive an hour on mountain roads to get to a hospital.
ReplyDeleteANYWAYS--sorry about that little rant. Keeping Tammy & Bruce and family in prayer...
I don't have anything good to say about health insurance.
ReplyDeleteI hope Bruce gets the care he needs
First, I am glad you were able to go but more, glad you are home safe and sound. Hospitals and health insurance are the pits right now thanks to our leader in the WH. He cannot get out soon enough, but my worry is that we will be in such a serious mess, that we cant pull ourselves back up. Will continue to pray for your sister, as I know how hard the caregiver has it, and Bruce too.
ReplyDeleteTerri, this is just heartbreaking. I feel so bad for Tammy, Bruce, and the whole family. I have been wondering how things went, and I hope and pray that they can get him into the facility in Tallahassee. I know that having you there was a huge support to Tammy, and I am thankful you and Joe were able to be there for her.
ReplyDeleteSending love and prayers across the miles...
xo
Sheila
Prayers for Bruce and the family, Terri. Why did we vote that man into office! He is ruining our healthcare system. Like everything else the government gets control of, it will not be better for the poor, it will be worse for everyone. I am so sorry to hear about the conditions of the hospital. It is no wonder that some healthcare workers, including doctors, are getting out. It's a sad state of affairs.
ReplyDeleteHow sad that he's not getting the care he needs. I know because I have cousins who are nurses just how hard they work, but they can only do so much. I also think that hospitals expect someone to stay with critically ill patients at all times. I wish there were more we could do. For now the prayers will continue.
ReplyDeleteI'm playing catch-up again. I've read through the past several posts. I'm glad you had a good trip. It's so sad about Bruce and the conditions he's in. Prayers offered.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about the fix your brother-in-law is in! I hope his wife is able to find a satisfactory solution for his plight.
ReplyDeleteAs for Obamacare, nothing good is going to come out of it. I'm afraid we're just seeing the beginning of a lot of awful things to come :(
Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)
I'm so glad you went to be with them this weekend. Dick's dad had a valve replaced at age 86 and had a stroke after the surgery. We had some dark days, some really dark days. He had no desire to live. But eventually he was able to be moved to a nursing home for rehab and in a few months he did an almost total come-back!! Three years later, at age 89, he still lives at home with his wife, has a garden, keeps his woods all cleaned up. I pray the same outcome for your brother-in-law.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for what you are going through. I see firsthand how insurance makes decisions for Dr's and with Obamacare, it's worse. Praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteThis news about Bruce's healthcare is grievous. I am praying for him and for all of you. I'm so glad you were able to make the trip to see him and your sister. I have no doubt that your visit was an encouragement and a comfort to them. May the Lord bless you all.
ReplyDelete