Friday, June 27, 2014

Joining Chats on the Farmhouse Porch, Today....

I keep reading my blogging friends who join this meme, every week, but have never joined in. I remembered to look for it, so here are my answers to this week's questions.  You can join in, and read more about this meme at Everyday Ruralty.  She listed a wonderful party menu, to start this weeks questions....



  1. What do you think you would have liked most from my menu? I think the entire menu sounds absolutely delicious!  Seriously. I want recipes, please, especially for the zucchini boats.
  2. Have you ever had an interesting experience with serving dinner guests? I don't know if I've had any experience especially interesting, but I love to cook for a crowd! I guess one year, at Thanksgiving time, I had about 14 people scheduled for the holiday dinner, and had my left arm in a cast. I did it all, and it turned out great (if I do say so). I went down in family history as being able to cook Thanksgiving dinner one-handed. LOL
  3. What's your favorite beverage, this summer? I drink water. Just plain water. Cold.
  4. Do you ever have bouquets of fresh flowers in your home? No. Flowers tend to give me headaches, and if the scent doesn't kill me, keeping our cats out of the flowers does. I just don't appreciate fresh flowers anymore, in our house. They are lovely to look at, from a distance.
  5. Tell me something interesting. Please.  See #2, above. That's about as interesting as I can get this week! I did find a photo of me with that cast. I had seven fractures in my wrist. Fell and tried to catch myself. I don't do that anymore...now I let my well-padded backside take the fall!!

TGIF!! This has been a very long week, and I am looking forward to the weekend!! Wishing you a good one! Thanks for stopping by today! Be blessed!



11 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope you have a good weekend, and do the things YOU want to do for YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That had to so painful! Way to go with preparing Thanksgiving dinner in that cast! Have a wonderful weekend, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh flowers give me headaches too - it is hard to explain to people, but it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers give me a headache too. Ouch on your fall. Loved your answers. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute picture of you!
    I'm a water drinker too - and the colder the better.
    I love fresh flowers, but our naughty cat Oliver does too. He always tries to nibble them, so we have no fresh flowers in our house either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely photo of you. I agree with you that most of us have sufficient padding on our bottoms. The problem is we can't choose how we fall. If you get some interesting recipes, please share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7 fractures? Ouch! That is a good picture of you. I have trouble cooking a meal for 14 (when all my kids come) but I can't imagine doing it one handed. You are a superwoman. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. quite an accomplishment to prepare and serve Thanksgiving dinner single-handedly! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! Yay on making that dinner. I couldn''t do that with 2 good arms lol Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with your 4th of July layout. I also adored the cat calculator. My sweet K.C. lived 17 years. Now thanks to your calculator I know that was the same as 85 in human years. She was so precious and we still miss her. She has been gone 5 1/2 years. I can't believe you had to do Thanksgiving with a cast. Bless your heart. By the way, I love the pic of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to rock way to rock Thanksgiving dinner, Terri! I've always admired your talents, but I didn't know about this one. Another for the list :) Have a sweet weekend....mwah!

    ReplyDelete