Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throw Back Thursday....


When Joe and I were first married (and before), we lived in Alexandria, Virginia. He wanted to open his own CPA practice and I encouraged him to do it. Always a bit scary when you venture into something new, especially when it directly affects your livelihood!

This is him, in front of his first office (2nd floor), on Washington Street (also the George Washington Parkway).  It was an exciting time for us. He always wanted to be in business for himself, and I'm so happy he got to do it (is still doing it!).  He stayed in this office until we moved to Florida, a few years later.


Ronald Reagan was POTUS then, and Joe frequently saw the motorcade drive by, with the President or some other dignitary, traveling to and from one place or another.

Good times!!  Good memories! Neither of us miss the traffic and crowds, though. Florida suits us just fine.  Our son, Jeff, is still in Alexandria.

That's all for Throwback Thursday.  Thanks for peeking in!! Have a good day!

11 comments:

  1. That is great that Joe was able to do that, be successful at it and still be doing it now. Great pic! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Throwback Thursday. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this area well!! My sister lived in D.C. on D Street so near the capitol and I saw so many 'dignitaries' of the time.

    IMO...having a business of your own, being your own boss, is so worth the trials!!!

    livelihood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thanks! Spell checked missed it and I am still not awake!

      Delete
  4. Great photo and memories. I'm thinking that one of my friends might have been living there in those years. She then went on to spend some years working in the American embassy in Costa Rica where she adopted a baby boy and then spent a year or so in Panama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great photo. I like it. I can imagine having some good memories of that time. So many folks have had dreams of being their own boss, but never got the opportunity. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't amazing how quickly the time has flown by? Older people told us it would and it did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always interesting to see a slice of Americana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe looks happy and so glad he got to have his dream come true. Time does fly entirely too fast, but we just have to hang on and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice picture. Joe looks so proud, and rightfully so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo. I'll bet it was exciting to live there, among history in the making. We loved our trip to D.C. when our children were young. Great stories and great memories.

    ReplyDelete