Wednesday, October 7, 2026

October 7th: A Memorable Wednesday Hodgepodge

 Thanks to Joyce for today's fun!  Click HERE to join in!

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 674


From this Side of the Pond



1. Let's embrace it, shall we? What's something you recently forgot to do? Is your memory these days more like a sieve or an elephant?  The one thing I seem to always have trouble with is remembering what the heck day it is!  I know today is Wednesday because we are HODGEPODGING!!  Other than what day it might be, praise God that my memory is more like an elephant than a sieve.   Unless it is what someone's name is... there is that.

2. Share a trick/strategy you have to help you remember things you need to remember.  It must go into my Google Calendar.  If it's there, I've got it.

3. What's your favorite fall vegetable to cook with? Do you prefer your fall veggies roasted, blended into a warm soup, or fresh in a crisp autumn salad?  I truly don't distinguish between vegetables being summer or fall.  Fruit, yes.  Veggies, no.  This is Florida, though, and our growing season is a long one.

4. October 5th is/was National Do Something Nice Day. Did you? If so, tell us about it. Or maybe someone did something nice for you, and if that's the case, please share.  Monday (the 5th) was a stay-at-home day for me, except for my meeting with the new health insurance agent.  He gave me some mail-openers to share with friends.  That was nice!!  I'm going to be nice by giving him my business for next year...

5.  Nathaniel Hawthorne is credited with the quote "I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."  

Do you tend to spend more time outside this time of year?  Yes!  When summer's heat and humidity both go down, it is much more pleasant to be outside.

Do you actively pause to soak in fleeting moments of beauty in your daily routine? Elaborate.  I am so thankful for every day that is given to me!!  I do pause and whisper thanksgiving prayers often throughout each day.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  Yesterday was a rainy day.  It didn't storm, but just rained gently for hours and hours.  Very unusual for this part of Florida.  Cheryl and I still met up for an early dinner (lupper) at The Peach House for her birthday treat.  Cheryl's Aunt Helen (and my dear friend) used to treat us for our birthdays (Joe's too).  When she died, I started treating Cheryl, and she reciprocates in December for my birthday.  Cheryl had a smash burger, and I had the grouper sandwich. The waiter took our picture, but Cheryl wasn't looking at the camera.  It's the best we got...



Thanks for checking in today!!
Peace and Hugs!!

Onward Christian Soldiers, Verse 1
--Sabine Baring-Gould, 1865
Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war, With the cross of Jesus going on before. Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe; Forward into battle, see His banners go!

No comments:

Post a Comment