Hello! My gosh, Fridays roll around so quickly.
I already posted about my lunch on Wednesday with Cheryl for her birthday. It was nice catching up with her and hearing how she is doing with her new puppy, Bozzy.
I went to Bible study yesterday morning and out to dinner with the Mas Verde group last night. We went to J. Burns Pizza. Donna went with us for the first time in a long time. She and I shared a veggie pizza, which was very good and worked out great for both of us. There were a few pieces left for her to take home. I totally forgot to take a picture. There were six of us this week.
Today, I'm going to lunch with long-time friends and former co-worker, Al, and his wife, Theresa. It's been months since we had a catch-up. We're going to Olive Garden.
Our rains are supposed to be done for a few days. I hope so, because I have a window in my living room that is leaking... actually, it's more like Niagara Falls! Bob and Sandy came over yesterday morning to help me secure the window frame with some flashing tape. We thought that would do it, but it didn't. Now I think the gutters are clogged, and the water is backing up somehow into that one window. Bob said he would pop over today when it stops raining, so we can try to figure it out. This isn't the first time it's happened. I have the best neighbors!! Wish us luck! I want to figure it out before I go to Nashville THIS COMING WEEK!! The Nashville trip is nearly here!! I need to get my suitcase out!
Thanks for stopping by today!!
--Judson W. Van DeVenter, 1896
All to Jesus, I surrender; All to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live. I surrender all, I surrender all, All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.


Well, I hope you have a good time in Nashville. I know you will. I haven't been to Olive Garden in a while. I always get the same thing- Chicken fettucini alfredo...and the salad. I always have enough leftovers for a second meal.
ReplyDeleteWe used to own a window/siding company. There are weep holes along the bottom of your window sills. Make sure they aren't clogged or closed. They allow the rain to drain out of the window sill. Hope it's something as simple as that. xo Diana
Oh no! Leaky windows are not fun! I do hope your neighbor can help you figure it out. Yes, clogged gutters can create problems! But do you have a lot of trees/leaves around your house? I didn't think you did, but I guess they can blow in from everywhere. I know ours get clogged a lot from the big old oak trees here. Hope it's an easy fix. Oh, Nashville! I bet you will have a great time! I hope the weather is cleared up by then and there will be sunny skies and cooler weather! What fun! Love the picture of the cat s and the pumpkins, etc. That is such a fun one!! And I love the song, "I Surrender All". We are singing a portion of that hymn in a medley with one of our anthems (choir) soon. I love it so much. Oh, enjoy your Olive Garden lunch! I haven't been there in ages. We don't have one nearby, so I never think about it. I used to love their "endless" soup and salad lunch with those bread sticks. That was my favorite! I wonder if they even still have that? Enjoy some good Italian food for me! LOL.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope Bob can fix that window for you, Terri, before you leave for Nashville. Never a good thing to have a leak, is it? Let us know what he finds out. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteWater issues are the worst. I hope you all get it figured out. I'm excited for your trip and know you'll have a wonderful time. Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDelete