Thanks to our hostess, Joyce, for today's Hodgepodge of questions! Join in with us HERE!!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 479
1. Thursday (Oct 13) is National Train Your Brain Day. What do you do to keep your brain in tip-top shape? Is it helping? I am working again and have tasks that keep me busy and my brain working (some). I don't do brain teasers and haven't tried Wordle yet. I play solitaire now and then. I read for fun.
2. You can sit with anyone in the world and 'pick their brain'...whom do you choose? Tell us why? Because I am interested in genealogy, I would probably pick a 4 or 5 times great grandmother to learn more about the family history and how they lived back then. I would also like to talk with Abigail Adams.
3. What's something happening in the world (or your corner of it) right now that you have trouble 'wrapping your brain around'? I'm still learning to live alone, even after nearly two years. When something needs to be done and it is something that Joe would have taken on and accomplished without blinking, I have to dig in and figure it out or find someone who can help. I do cheer myself on when I actually do something I haven't done before... even as silly as changing out the windshield wipers!! Yay me!!
4. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall in the pumpkin fanclub? (1=blech, 10=make it all pumpkin all the time) That would be a big ONE. Tell us something delicious you've tasted recently that had some pumpkin in it somewhere. The one pumpkin exception I make is my mom's pumpkin bread recipe. It is not too spicy or pumpkiny and I love it.
5. Share a favorite song, book, or movie with an autumn title, setting, or vibe.

I would love to pick the brain of a five-year-old that would be interesting.
ReplyDeleteGreat post today.
Have a wonderful day
Catherine
The grandmothers who came before is perfect! (Banging forehead, why didn't I think about that?) As I get older, I can't tell you how many times I've wondered what they thought about this-or-that.
ReplyDeleteMy own wiper blade needs replacing but I haven't a clue how to accomplish it. Yay, you!
I'm saying a prayer right now for travel mercies and great fun. You'll be missed!
Great choice of folks for your "brain pick" question! Sounds like your small group was fun!
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing better than our church family and/or small groups family. I'm so glad you have a group that you love. I'm blessed like that too. Changing wipers is no small thing. Anything, new you learn is really important. I do Wordle and sometimes Solitaire, but Words with Friends is a favorite because I've always like Scrabble. Take care my friend and I will pray for traveling mercies for you. Have fun!
ReplyDeletePrayers for travel. I am so glad you have that group of friends. Try Wordle - it is fun. I love pumpkins.
ReplyDeleteI know you still miss Joe.
I agree with you about the pumpkins!
I just reread what 1 - 10 means on the pumpkins - lol - I love pumpkins so I am a 10!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip..
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how hard it is to know how to do things and actually do what Joe always did. You've done great though!
ReplyDeleteI am also a 10 on pumpkin, but do like my moms recipe for pumpkin bread. I should actually make some again.
Praying for safe travels and a wonderful time!
I hope you have a great time on your trip. I am sure you will. Praying for you as you travel. You managed to put on your own windshield wipers? Even my hubby has trouble with that and we usually get them to do it for us as the Auto parts store or wherever we buy them, or Scott does it for us when he comes home. Your baked ziti sounds so good. Wow, you fed 13 and still had leftovers? That's a LOT of ziti! LOL. Oh, I play Wordle every day. That's my own online brain teaser challenge. I enjoy it. Sometimes it is exasperating, but I enjoy the mental challenge of it. I also have several friends on Facebook who play, and we compare our results every day, and then we commiserate or cheer each other on. I'd rather do that than some of those other games. Then there is blogging...that's mentally challenging enough. Have a great time this weekend. Be safe. We'll be praying. Oh, your pumpkin bread is wonderful, btw.
ReplyDelete