Monday, July 5, 2021

Monday's Weekend Recap...

 


Backing up to Thursday, I got my hair cut and went out to dinner with Tim & Judy.  We tried a new restaurant (to us) called Ovation Bistro & Bar.  It has been in Lakeland a couple of years now but just never got around to trying it.  It was very good and we will go back! I had ribs and brisket with a salad and broccoli. It was yummy!

Friday, after work, I met the auctioneer at Helen's house. He was over an hour late because of the nasty weather, so he comes back today to finish loading up.  Cheryl is meeting him at the house at  8:00 am.  I will go there when I get off work.  I'm sure he will still be at it because he had bedrooms and kitchen to do, including wrapping all the china and glassware.  I have a feeling there will be more trash to toss, too.

On Saturday, we had rain (again) all day.  I did laundry and some cleaning.  I also had two twin mattresses (Serta) to give away.  Ten minutes after I posted them on our church's website, I had two families say they wanted them.  They are the kind you put on platforms or bunkbeds, that don't need a box spring.  One family came Saturday evening and the other came after church yesterday.  I'm happy they were needed and I didn't have to toss them. I got the ones from Helen's house (paid what the auctioneer said they were worth) for our guest room with twin beds. Nothing wrong with the ones I gave away except they weren't that comfy for adults. Big people shouldn't sleep on platform beds!

I went to Sunday school and church yesterday, then to the potluck lunch in our clubhouse.  It was well attended!!  Here are a couple of photos.  The one of me, Judy, and Tim isn't great.  We weren't ready and aren't really smiling, but it is what it is!  And Myra, those are my new glasses!



I should have taken a picture of all the food but how can you hold a plate, a serving utensil, and take a picture at the same time? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I snapped this picture of sweet Lucy the other night... her fur is beginning to fill in a bit.


Off to work today, then over to Helen's house to see how that is going.  I have an appointment at 4:00 to donate blood at the bloodmobile which will be at Chick-fil-a.  We get a free t-shirt, a $20 gift card for Amazon or Target, and two freebies from Chick-fil-a.  Worth a few minutes to save a life and to walk away with some goodies!  I'm 0 positive.  Do you know your blood type?

Peace & hugs!  Jesus loves us!!




15 comments:

  1. Nice glasses, Terri! I've said it before, but you're so blessed to be living there with built-in friends! 😊
    Yes, I know my blood type 0-neg., but after an unpleasant episode years ago, I've not gotten 'round to trying again. (I know, I know .....)
    Sure hope you had help getting the new-to-you mattresses installed? Mine's circling the drain as we speak.
    Hope your workday's a pleasant one. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my techie friend from the museum has a truck and he helped. Blessed.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a nice weekend. Love the glasses. I don't know what my blood type is because I can't remember it. However, I know it's the most common as they used to call me all the time to donate. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I would much rather give away good things than to sell them. I usually offer them to my MOPs girls first. I remember what it was like to be young and glad to get anything anyone gave to me. It is wonderful to be the giver now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm O Positive as well, smiles. Rare and our blood helps so many others. I am so glad you had a great time. Keeping you in prayer, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O pos is the most common. O neg is the rare one anyone can receive. If you are O neg you can help lots of folks!

      Delete
  5. Ribs and broccoli! Yum! I'm so there! Y'all are lookin' good.
    I think my blood type is A+, if memory serves me right. Steve is 0+.
    Lucy is givin' you that look, like, "Don't you dare even THINK about shaving my legs again ..." *lol*
    Love & Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back from my long weekend away and trying to catch up. I left my laptop charger in Auburn so I just ordered another quickly so if you don't hear from me the rest of the week, it is because I hate trying to comment from my phone:)
    I am A negative which means if I go to the blood bank I will be called a lot. I haven't given in a long time due to my RA, but I used to go kind of regularly. That is a deal and you know you did a good thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O-positive here, too, Terri. I love your new glasses, by the way. Lookin' good in the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a bunch of o+ people here! I have never given blood however, for various reasons. Thank you for doing your part. My Dad was a huge donor...got some kind of awards, etc. Your weekend sounds very busy. Glad you got Helen's house taken care of. I hope the auctioneer cleaned things up after they took it all out. Looks like your luncheon was great. I love those things. We will have a church pot luck picnic this coming Saturday. I hope it is indoors, however, as it is too hot to try and eat outdoors, plus who knows what the rain will be like this week. Praying the storm dies before then. I like your glasses! You look great!! Take care and God bless you with a good and safe week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good 4th weekend. Friends make all the difference dont they. Enjoyed the pictures as I aways do. O positive here too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a good weekend for you. Glad things are finishing up at Helens house. That will be a load off your shoulders.
    I think that's a good pic of you and I like the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a party : ) It's so nice to be back out in the world, isn't it. I like your glasses. Sounds like you are keeping busy and getting a lot accomplished. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great space at your clubhouse! And I love your new glasses! Joe would think you're looking so cute these days!

    Good trade on those mattresses! Glad you got rid of them so easily.

    ReplyDelete