Into You
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Into You (2016)
... Because Cat suggested it. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this video, Ariana Grande and her boyfriend take off on a motorcycle. Are your trips usually carefully planned? Or would you prefer to just spontaneously get up and go? My trips are always pretty well planned out, but I have always wanted to just head out with no real destination in mind and see what I find along the way.
2) As they ride through the desert, they pass several cacti. This makes Sam sad, since she had a potted cactus on her desk and managed to kill it in no time. Do you have luck with house plants? None whatsoever. If I don't kill it, the cats do. There are no flowers or live plants in our house.
3) This song mentions the appeal of acting "a little bit scandalous." Tell us about a time you were the subject of gossip. Gosh, I have to reach way back for this one. When I got married the first time, "everyone" in my little hometown thought I was pregnant. I was the 5th or 6th girl from my senior class to get married after graduation.....but I was not pregnant. The other girls "had" to get married - we're talking 1970 small-town midwest. It just worked out that my then fiancé and I had to schedule the wedding around our college breaks. Someone even asked my mom a few months later about her first grandchild.
4) Ariana's mother is an executive at a company that makes, among other things, alarm systems. Is your home protected by a security system? Do attack cats count?
5) Ariana has her own fragrance, "Ari," available at major department stores. When you're at the mall, do you accept the scent strips you're handed? Or do you say, "no, thank you." A huge no, thank you. Strong scents give me really bad headaches. I don't do perfume well and have to move when someone comes close who has bathed in the stuff.
6) Ariana has said Mariah Carey is her "favorite human being on the planet" and her biggest musical influence. Who is your favorite female vocalist? There are so many great female singers but the first one that came to mind was Ella Fitgerald. Wow, what a voice. Then there is Aretha Franklin, Billie Holiday, Adele, Mary J. Blige, Patsy Cline, Cher, Lady Gaga, Rosemary Clooney......
7) A big fan of horror movies, she admits Freddy Krueger of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies was her favorite growing up. Do you like scary movies? I like scary movies, but not those bloody ones. I prefer a more subtle Hitchcock kind of scary, for instance.
8) She had a brief relationship with rapper Big Sean. Do you like rap music? Can't stand it for more than 30 seconds. Rap is at the very bottom of my list.
9) Random question: Which kid were you in school -- Class Clown, Brain, Jock, Stoner, Cheerleader, Teacher's Pet? You don't have 'nerd'. I got good grades but am not a "brain"....I was a band nerd.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
--------------------------------------------------
On this Saturday, August 13th, I am basking in the happiness of having Joey and Darlene here, along with grandson Tristan!! Watch for my Monday Weekend Recap!!
Thanks for your visit! I appreciate that you took the time to stop by! Peace & hugs!



I really enjoyed your answers today, Miss Band Nerd! Your choices for female vocalists were very good, but I have never heard of the one named Mary Blige.
ReplyDeleteGreat answers Terri! I'm with you on the scary movies, give me a good Hitchcock thriller!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
ReplyDeleteYou had me at motorcycle ... *lol* ... enjoyed your answers. And I still have images of Attack Cats patiently watching the doors. ~:)
ReplyDeleteGotta hand it to you, Terri ... 30 seconds of rap is 29 seconds too long for me. (Yup, I'm a fuddy-duddy, too.)
ReplyDeleteLoved your answer to #7. I've not seen a weighty-good mystery in ages. In the end, I suppose sensationalism sells.
Not familiar with the song, either, but you did great answering the questions. I cannot stand rap. Glad you're having a great weekend with family.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you were the victim of gossip. I guess they found out though, right?
ReplyDeleteI like your female vocalist, especially Billie Holiday and Adele. One of the other nursing homes that is owned by our corporation was the victim of trouble caused by Ariana Grande. Apparently about a month ago, she had a new music video and on it was a phone number that happened to belong to that nursing home. So many people called that it closed down the line and they ended up having to get a new number. Isn't that crazy?
Oh my gosh! That IS crazy!
DeleteUgh I can't stand rap either. Glad you are having a nice visit with family.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the scary movie answer, although I'm not a big fan of scary movies anymore....although I still love watching Frankenstein and The Mummy gendre (Svengoolie is the best part of my Saturday nights). I don't watch those bloody shows on TV either. I see no good coming from watching the gore. Bad for the psyche. Some rap is ok, but Lee is always saying he raptose intolerant :)
ReplyDelete