Thursday, April 4, 2013

Procrastinating....




Boy, do I have the 'Friday is coming' blues!  We have a gray, dreary, rainy day today and it is sapping my energy to get anything done!  We need the rain, so I'm not going to complain about the precious H2O falling down on parched grass and thirsty  plants.  It's just 'one of those days' if you know what I mean!!

I have lots of work to do. LOTS!!  Just need to be motivated!  Deadlines are coming, so I need to keep moving and doing, and find the motivation!

Our friend, my co-worker, and our very own techie guy - Gregory - is coming for dinner tonight, and will help us figure out why our Astaro firewall is failing us and letting viruses into our computers.  He requested pasta, so I started the sauce (gravy) last night.   Joe will start the crockpot this morning, so it is hot when I get home.  All I'll need to do is cook the pasta.  Made salad last night, too.  I cut back on my breakfast this morning, to save points for pasta.  I love that with Weight Watchers, you can have anything you want - just count the points!

I took this picture from my office window, looking down on the parking lot and across at our library.  Dreary!!  The rain on the window makes a nice distortion, though, like looking through a really old, old window glass.

Joe and I are going to take a class, on Saturday morning, for a concealed weapon permit.  A friend of ours who used to be a deputy with the Sheriff's department is teaching it and called last night to see if we were still interested.  I am so concerned about the current administration taking away our rights, that this is just something I believe I really need to do.  Joe has a gun that was his dad's.  I think I will find a small one that I can be comfortable with, and will take some lessons and visit the shooting range now and then.  I grew up around guns.  My dad was a hunter.  They don't scare me, but I need to learn more and find one to call my own.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Maybe I'm nuts to do this at age 61, but I just feel like it is something I need to do.

Okay - motivated or not, I really need to get busy!  Thanks for checking in!!  I treasure your friendship!  Peace, love & hugs.




6 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your getting a gun, learning how to handle and shoot it. In fact, I believe that every able bodied American should do the same. Jim bought me a 25 automatic pistol when we still lived on the farm and I learned to shoot walnuts off trees, and got pretty good at it. I am like you, he hunted every year and I was used to guns being around. Hope the rain goes away and you have a sunny day to boost your spirits tomorrow for sure. Enjoy your company and maybe he can fix what is broken for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get your computer firewall fixed.

    Can't wait to hear how your gun class went

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl after my own heart! I totally agree with you about the concealed carry and this administration. I've been around guns since I met Bob. It's his hobby and he's always been a hunter. He taught me and our 3 girls to shoot. We've also been talking about concealed carry permits. In fact we just came back from one of the local gun shops where he was looking for ammo. And we're never too old. In fact if anyone needs to carry, it's us "old folks" the thieves target most.
    I hope your techie can fix that firewall problem. My tech put Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer when he had it last week to give me more protection.
    Hope you have a great Friday. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're smart to take the gun class. I will look forward to hearing how it goes.

    I hope you get your tech issues resolved...enjoy the spaghetti...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to write a geeky post last week, but never got round to posting it. Anyway, when I do, i'm going to include a link to grc.com (Gibson Research Cooperation). I always check my connection with Steve's ShieldsUp. Hope you get things sorted out, Terri. I often see people on FB putting links to pages that WOT (Web of Trust) say are unsafe sites.

    You've just reminded me that I'm going to go heat up my vegetable lasagne for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about doing that too. Probably the first idea I've had that my son could get excited about ... lol. My mom has a gun permit, probably not a concealed weapons permit, since her gun is a rifle-type thing. Pretty hard to conceal that. My dad was not a hunter, but he did shoot predators after his birds, and he tried to teach me to shoot, but I didn't like it. He was raised on a farm and we always lived in the country. Mom still lives way out in farm land. She has wild coyotes to worry about, and to a lesser extent, burglars.

    ReplyDelete