We arrived to decorations outside, and our grandson greeting us...
...and Tristan hung the Italian flag from the stairway in the foyer! Very cute.
The decorations were brought inside, and Kathy fed us a wonderful lunch of Italian lunch meats on hoagie rolls with all the trimmings.
We visited the rest of the afternoon, then Kathy and Jim treated us to an amazing dinner at a French restaurant in the historic part of Naples, called Chez Boet. They know the owners, since this is one of their favorite places to eat. We shared a bottle of wine and everyone enjoyed the meal.
When we got back to their house, Kathy had an ice cream birthday cake for Joe, which was also our yummy dessert! They had a pile of gifts for him to open, including one from granddaughter, Lauren, who couldn't be there with us (but she called during the party last night).
On Sunday, we got up and were treated to breakfast out at a restaurant called Blueberries. Yum. Then, they took us on a cruise from Old Naples, out to the Gulf of Mexico and back. The Naples Princess was quite luxurious and was air conditioned! We also had a drink and sat back to enjoy the cruise.
When we got back to the house, Kathy started preparing for Joe's birthday party. She had an absolutely delicious dinner for 10. We have become friends with a few of their friends from all of our visits down there. Rob, Jenny and Todd came, and Tristan's good friend (Rob & Jenny's son) Brett. The company was great with good conversation and lots of laughs.
Another birthday cake (half of which came home with us!).
Most of the group before everyone went home.
We left this morning, after breakfast, and got home around 1:00. I've been doing laundry since we arrived, and we're catching up on the newspapers and getting the cats to forgive us for being gone. Our neighbors took very good care of them for us, though.
Back to work tomorrow, but with lots of terrific memories of a very special weekend!













I think I want to go down to Florida and live like you do. Old Man turned 75 in July and I just took him out for lunch....no presents except for a gravity lounger.
ReplyDeleteJoe will not let me throw him a party. I did one for his 50th (big surprise!) and another for his 65th. He made me promise to never give him another party. I'm so glad Kathy entertained - and he loved every minute. We are blessed and appreciative.
DeleteSo glad you had a good time, and had fun celebrating Joe's bday. Everything was very special...cake, cruise, food, etc. That is what we call "living high on the hog"! lol
ReplyDeleteWe are blessed to have family who can treat us like royalty - it is not our norm, that's for sure!
DeleteWhat a great weekend you guys had. Both those cakes look delicious! I really enjoyed the fireworks last night.
ReplyDeleteBrenda, I am so glad the weather held for the fireworks! Hooray! Did you get some pictures to share with us?
DeleteWOW - that sounded wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI think you are in my site here fine now. Let me know of any glitches. Every day it gets easier but also I find out about something new to try. You have figured out backgrounds. Where do I start for that?
ReplyDeleteFind "design" on your page (or your dashboard) and then look for template - there are many, and lots of extra sites (like the one I have here (www.shabbyblogs.com). I just Googled Blogger backgrounds and a bunch come up. You can post the code through "layouts". Most of them tell you how to do it. You can also just choose a Blogger template and background until you are comfortable with making the changes.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day. We had lost of rain :( but our church picnic was still nice indoors.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great birthday celebration weekend! Yum and fun!
ReplyDeleteTerri..what an amazing birthday weekend this was!! Joe looks so happy in all of the photos. I bet the cruise was fun!
ReplyDeletedo they know how to celebrate a birthday or what!! Love the cruise too, great idea.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. And that cruise ship is fantastic. What a great time you and Joe must have had.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful weekend! Great pictures.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the pictures with us Terri. Happy 75th birthday to Joe! Looks like you had a perfect weekend with lots of celebtating :)
ReplyDeleteTheresa