That picture says more than a thousand words. Giggle!!
I got home from work on Friday and (believe it or not!) I was too tired to go out for dinner. I walked in the door and Joe said "...where are we going for dinner? You look done in..." I told him I was too tired to go out. We had a burger and some fresh fruit at home instead.
Saturday morning I didn't get up until shortly after 8:00 a.m. I made us some waffles and scrambled eggs for breakfast. We intended to go to the Farmer's Market first thing, but lollygagged around with breakfast and reading the paper and having a second cup of coffee. Instead, we took off around 10:00 for our old neighborhood. Bob & Ginny were having a garage sale. I left my purse in the car because if it is glass, I am tempted! LOL They were doing good and we got to see the neighbors from the other side of our old house, Mark and Michele, as well as Ginny's son Mike and his wife. We visited for awhile but had more errands to run.
Sam's Club was next, since it is just around the corner from our old house. There were four things on the list but somehow we left with a cart full. It always happens when we go there.
Walmart was next and we stuck to our list there but ran into a co-worker and her husband so had to stop and talk a bit. Then we went to Publix because Joe had a prescription. I waited in the car because we would have had another cart full had I gone in.
Once home, I put everything away and Joe watched some baseball. We went to our 4:00 Vigil Mass and then to Crispers for dinner. Back home, we kicked back for a couple of old movies. Les Miserables with Liam Neeson. Love that whole story and think the 1998 version is just the best. I don't like the musical. I forgot that Friday night we watched Sabrina, with Harrison Ford. Also the best version. We watched a movie called William Kelly's War. It was only two stars but was actually quite good.
Sunday, I didn't get up until nearly 9:00. Wow. Lazy lazy. Made eggs, bacon and toast for a very late breakfast. Joe ran out to Publix for a few things we needed that I forgot about (should have gone in with him on Saturday). I got the laundry started and made up beds in the guest rooms. We have Jeff and Joey coming next weekend!! There will be another grocery run on Thursday this week. I want to take a couple of days off if I can so we can go to the beach one day and maybe Tarpon Springs another day while they are here. Hope it all works out. We don't get both 'boys' here together very often.
That's all I have for this Monday recap. Thanks for peeking in! Peace & hugs.


Whew....hey Terri, guess what, RETIREMENT is right around the corner, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great weekend and have another one coming up! I've only been to Tarpon Springs once and we did it in one day...from Orlando and back again...so I didn't get to see that much. I've always wanted to go back again.
ReplyDeleteWow you got a lot of stuff done.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
I really enjoy Harrison Ford's version of "Sabrina," too!
ReplyDeleteBeen to Tarpon Springs (enjoyed it), and your Gulf Coast beaches are the best.
I enjoyed reading about your weekend.
Sounds like just what the doctor ordered Terri. So glad you Lollygag too. I used that word the other day and someone looked at me like I was crazy. Well I am crazy but Lollygag is a word we used all the time growing up.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to get some sleep on the weekend after that tough Friday!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to start venturing to some yard sales
Nice that you went back to your old neighborhood and got to see old neighbors. We've been gone from our old neighborhood for 10 years and still go back now and then.
ReplyDeleteI think you are practicing for retirement! lol Wont be much longer. I know you will enjoy the guys when they come.
ReplyDeleteYou get a lot done on the weekends! It's a busy time to shop in our area but it's nice to have it done for the week ahead. Hope you have a good week! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI think you needed a little sleeping in this weekend. You've been so busy!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to read your impressions of Les Miz, Terri. Because I'd the opportunity to see it on Broadway, I've been reluctant/afraid to watch the movie musical.
ReplyDeleteLazy weekend mornings and late breakfasts are the BEST!
You needed another day just to rest. Take care of yourself.... don't want you getting sick again because you're run down. 💜
ReplyDeleteWhen I first read about you getting up at 8, I laughed, because we must be the only people on the planet who consider that close to sleeping in. :-) The only Les Miserables I've seen is with Hugh Jackman. I'll have to check out the other one. And I love Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina/ but Bogart is ridiculous. IMHO of course. :-)
ReplyDelete