Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thankful Thursday Link-Up.....


Good Thankful Thursday morning from a very watchful Friend in Florida......


Linking up with Rebecca Jo at Knit by God's Hand.  


We are watching the radar, expecting Hurricane Matthew to be much too close sometime later tonight. Schools are closed today and tomorrow and so is the Museum where I work.  I'm home and we will be securing anything that can blow around outside. Some things we just drop into the pool. Last night we filled up the cars' gas tanks and topped off our gas cans in case we need gasoline for the generator. We have water, canned foods, cat food, batteries, etc.  Our generator will keep the refrigerators going and allow us to charge computers and phones. We have propane for the grill.  Sure hoping we don't need any of it.

So...thankful today that we have time to prepare and that we are inland from the worst of it.  Thankful for a roof over our heads (hoping to keep it there) and for that generator sitting in the garage.

We have loved ones who may get hit harder than us, so praying for granddaughter Lauren, our son and DIL Joe & Darlene, blogging friends Kathy and Pam, cousins Todd & Darin and their families.



Thankful for your prayers, too, and for your visit today!!  Peace & hugs!

15 comments:

  1. I was looking at the radar just a moment ago and, if the storm stays 'on course', the projected landfall of any size will probably be around Ft. Pierce or so. I fear Lakeland may get slammed too. Well, I grew up in the eye of the storm, so to speak, in Titusville. Been through lots of Hurricane's. Sounds like you're ready and you'll do just fine. Prayers for everyone's safety from us. In Christ ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait and see is not a fun thing to have to do. We are praying for you and Joe and all those in the path. Let us hear from you when and if you can. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family in Savannah is battening down the hatches as well Terri. I hope Matthew slows down as he makes landfall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spoke to my folks in Ocala, Terri and dad said even though they are 35-40 miles from Daytona, the tidal surge is expected to reach the Ocala National Forest. My husbands sister and brother live in Daytona Beach (a block from the beach) and were ordered out --their staying, sigh). But, like my dad said, "Just another day in paradise, we're use to it, been here for 41 years now."

    Y'all stay safe...keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lucky that my aunt and cousin are in Tampa and my friends are in the Keys, and they seem to be south and east and of where Matthew will do the most damage. Still, I shall be checking here to see how my "friend from Florida," and her family (furry and otherwise) are faring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers to all who are in the path of Matthew. Even though I am on the West coast, Winds gusts over 50 indicate it is no place to be in a double wide. Too many are trying to ride this out. I have been through one and would never ever consider getting close to one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been in the path of these terrible storms before, certainly not fun. Praying for you, praying for all in it's path.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there! It looks like Florida is going to get a hit. I hope not. I'm the crazy person that is still hoping there will be a last minute right turn. :) Please keep me posted on how y'all are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering if your son and g'daughter were evacuating. Good to know you've a generator at the ready!
    ... It's all in God's hands now. Lifting my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update. Glad you are prepared! We're praying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for Florida and all the ones I love there tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you're as prepared as you can be. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete