It's Hodgepodge Wednesday!!
Thanks to our hostess, Joyce, who still has time for us and the weekly Hodgepodge while getting ready to move into their new home! Superwoman!! If you want to play with us, visit Joyce's blog, copy and paste the questions, answer on your blog and jump back to Joyce's blog to link up!! Simple as that!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 284
1. What would you say is your strongest sense? If you are talking about the five senses, probably smell, followed by hearing. Maybe I say hearing because Joe's is so bad that I always hear things he doesn't (even when he thinks to wear his hearing aid).
2. Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Yes. Why or why not? I call my intuition a 6th sense and mine is pretty good. That "gut" feeling that in many cases is my Guardian Angel (yes, I believe!) pushing me to pay attention to what our Father is trying to tell me/us. Very little in life really happens by chance.
3. When do you most feel like a slave to time? When the alarm rings on work days. Explain. Nothing to really explain. I'm tired of getting up at 5:00 a.m. Monday - Friday. Counting the months to retirement.
4. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? No, but I worked in an ice cream parlor and waited on tables/customers there. How would you rate the experience? It was a great job for a high school girl in the summers. If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be? I had my own bakery for four years. I will NEVER work in food service ever again, and especially not in the restaurant business. I'm sure it is rewarding. Having my own business was rewarding, but also back-breaking and there is NO time off. None.
5. Ever traced your family tree? Yes - and am still working on it. Share something interesting you learned there. My Revolutionary ancestor who I joined DAR through, was a spy and went to England during his service to find out information for our Patriots! I was kind of excited and intrigued to learn about that from a newspaper article about him. Someday, when I have more time, I want to look into it a little more in depth. I belong to Ancestry.com and recommend it highly if you really want to research your family tree. We also did the DNA test through them which is still finding cousins and relatives and links for us.
6. What did your childhood bedroom look like? I was blessed to have my own room and my dad painted it whatever color I wanted. Even lavender, bless his heart. My room was lavender and pink. Makes me shudder now! Ha! I loved lilacs (still do) and wanted lavender. When I left home, my brother got my room. I don't remember if he got to change the color or not. LOL! I had two big windows in my room and a big closet for an old house (we all had big closets). I had a double bed, a bookcase headboard, a dressing table, a chest of drawers and a desk - but nothing matched. It was quite comfy on the second floor (all the bedrooms were on the second floor and we only had one bathroom for 6 people!). Wish the tree wasn't blocking our front porch in this picture. My room was on the other side and in the back, but this is the house I grew up in.
7. Anyone who knows me knows I love Joe, shrimp and crab legs, red velvet cake, to laugh, my amazing family, my job, Jesus......not necessarily in that order but that is where my thoughts took me.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Sad news. One of our coworkers died on Monday. He had been sick, but we weren't expecting him to go so fast. I also got word that my grandma has been put under Hospice care. It was a doubly sad day for me and for all of us at work yesterday.
Thanks for stopping by today!! I appreciate your visit and your comments! Peace & hugs.
Sorry to hear your sad news Terri. Prayers will be said.
ReplyDeleteSorry for the loss of your friend Terri. Like you, I get gut feelings and I have learned to listen to them!! Loved the story about your ancestor. I have an ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary War but I have never attempted to get into the DAR. I have heard it is pretty hard to verify all the information so good for you in joining!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.
ReplyDelete*hug*
More times than not, since I retired, I still wake up as early as I did when I was working. Muscle memory. Sorry for your sad news.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers but am deeply saddened at the loss of the colleague and friend. Hope your day is blessed. ~:)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers, especially the description of your childhood bedroom...
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about the loss of your co-worker, and the sad news about your grandmother. Sending hugs and prayers regarding both.
What a cool story about your ancestor! And I'm so sorry to hear about your coworker and grandma - I just lost my grandma last week, so I understand completely. May God wrap His arms around you this week...
ReplyDeleteThe Lord has blessed you with such a positive outlook on everything. I'm sorry to read about the passing of your co-worker and the decline in your grandmother's health. I know the Lord will help you navigate through these times.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your co-worker. That is never easy, I'm praying for you and for his family. Sending hugs!
ReplyDeleteOh Terri, you know you're going to miss that alarm clock once you retire. LOL Sorry to hear about the person at work and also your grandma. These things are tough and yet we know we can trust God through good and bad times. Oh, and I'm with you on being a entrepreneur. Hard work. First one to work, last one to leave, last one to be paid.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful home you grew up in. So sorry for the loss of a friend and to hear the news about your Grandmother. Prayers!
ReplyDeleteTerri, what a wonderful home and room you described. You lucky girl! I'm really sorry to hear about the death of your co-worker and what is going on with your grandma. Praying she will have a peaceful passing. Will you be able to see her again? Sending hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteMy sister's in-laws just discovered new family members too through DNA. It was pretty surprising news!
Such sad news and all in one day. Prayers for those around your Grandma and for the family of the co-worker. I woke up to that alarm clock for over 45 years and I think it is still in my head, because I still wake up almost at the same time...lol Hope you have a good afternoon.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for all your sad news. Your childhood home looks charming and I wonder if little girls still want pink and lavendar bedrooms. I feel like the culture tries to discourage it, but some things refuse to be squashed : ) My oldest still loves pink!
ReplyDeleteOne bathroom for 6 people? NO! I couldn't do it. LOL I love your childhood home! I'm so sorry for the sad news. I'll certainly keep all in my thoughts and prayers. I had a pink room when I was an older kid. With pink shag carpet! Hideous! LOL
ReplyDeleteYour childhood home is so pretty and inviting!!! (Mine was a tiny, government apartment.)
ReplyDeleteAfter learning about your ancestor, has your imagination gone into overdrive? Wow. Tell us more when you can!
I'm sorry your heart is heavy, Terri. That's a double whammy for sure. Hugs!
I'm sorry for the bad news - that's a lot to take in.
ReplyDeleteI get up at 5 also and am sick of that, but I have some years - like 10 - to go!
My bedroom was lavender also. It was a big thing when I was younger.
I'm with you on seeing snow in person but it is the price we have to pay to enjoy the other three spectacular seasons and enjoy life in God's Country that is NH. Thanks for visiting and all the best for the rest of the week.
ReplyDeleteSixth sense - - yes - - like you, I believe that God initiates it and the Holy Spirit prompts us or an angel "shoves" us.
ReplyDeleteThe alarm - - - I hate that it is dark when it goes off. That makes me crazy. Feels like it is the middle of the night - - and I get to sleep until 6:30.