- The biggest news today is that my brother-in-law, Bruce, got the catheter out yesterday and the plumbing is working! Tammy told me that everyone has been asking about his pee and it is the strangest question she has had to answer! Yes, he is peeing and he thinks it is hilarious that everyone wants to know about it. Keep praying - prayers are being heard! Getting that catheter out was a huge step in his recovery. It's been almost six months since his stroke.
- I took yesterday off to rest and to also get the laundry done. It felt good to sleep late (8:00) and to have very little to do.
- We rounded up the cats and dosed them with their monthly flea protection. Our new vet has us using Cheristin for Cats. We don't have a huge flea problem here since the cats don't go out in the grass. They are limited to the cement patio around the pool. But fleas do get in on our shoes, or through the screening around the pool. Lucy is allergic and it only takes one to make her break out. We are quite happy with this new topical.
- Back to work today. Sigh. I am so ready for retirement. Two more years.....
Thanks for checking in!! I got caught up on blogs, though did not comment on some. I appreciate your time to come here!! Peace & hugs.

Wonderful news about Bruce (still giggling over that bit of info). Fleas are not a problem here, however, if it continues to stay warm and humid, it might just become a problem. The lawn guy did put some stuff down the other day. Have a good day, Terri. Blessings
ReplyDeleteGreat news about Bruce. God has truly answered prayers and will continue to do so. I am fighting fleas here. Every time the back door is open, if we arent very careful, Cali escapes, and then when she comes back in, she must be bringing her flea buddies with her. I have put medication on both of them, but they are still scratching. May have to repeat. Glad you had yesterday off, but it makes it so hard to go back to work. Or it always did for me. Hope your Tuesday is a good one.
ReplyDeleteWonderful new about Bruce and it's pretty cool that he can have a sense of humor about those things.
ReplyDeleteI'm so ready for retirement too, but I'll probably stay at least 2 more years and possibly as much as 6 years. That's what I get for marrying a younger man who's a preacher. I'm not sure preachers ever retire. lol
I love the little sign on your sidebar as to how many more days...hours....minutes and seconds Obama leaves office. It's way too far away for me! ;-) Glad you had a good weekend. Love your new blog look, especially since purple is my favorite color.
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful to hear about Bruce. Prayer and loving people who have visited surely have helped a lot. Hope your week goes well.
ReplyDeleteVery encouraging news about Bruce; Praise the Lord for answered prayers. We said goodbye to one of our cats yesterday. I know you understand the sadness all too well.
ReplyDeleteHave a good night. xo
Mildred, I saw your blog post and was so sad that you had to say good-bye to your sweet baby. Yes, it is never easy and I do understand. Hugs.
DeleteIt's always good to hear a positive update on Bruce. Glad he has a sense of humor about it!
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid I have quite a few years before retirement...
Great news about Bruce!
ReplyDelete