Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A Wednesday Medley about Family...

Here is a medley of questions for the Wednesday Medley.  I always start with the National Day Calendar Day for ideas and base questions from there. No rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to.  I'm doing this to fill my Wednesday and if you are interested, then I invite you to join in and link up with other ‘Meddlers’!!  






Everything below this line is from the National Day Calendar website.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


NATIONAL COUSINS DAY – July 24

National Cousins Day July 24


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


NATIONAL AUNT AND UNCLE’S DAY – July 26

National Aunt and Uncle's Day July 26

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything above this line is from the National Day Calendar website,


1.  What can you tell us about your cousins, please, or someone who is close like a cousin?   I was blessed to grow up with cousins on both sides of my family.  Cousin Tom was like my big brother; Cousin Peggy was older than me and I idolized her, especially when she paid attention to me; Cousins Pam, Jim, Bob, Lana, Vicky, and Tysa lived farther away but we sure had fun when we all got together!  Their kids are also close to us.


Cousin Bob, me, Pam, and Jim.

Cousin Peggy, Tom, and me.
 Cousins Vicky, Lana, Bob, and me.

Cousin Pam's sons, Justin, their grandma and my Aunt Dorothy, and Jason.

Cousins Tysa, Vicky (me) and Lana just two years ago.


2.  Do you still see your cousins and will you contact them on National Cousins Day?   I do still see my cousins, but not as often as I would like.  We are all spread out too far now.  I will try to remember to mention it on Facebook today!  Cousin Peggy has four sons, two who live over on Florida's east coast but we haven't gotten together in more years than I want to think about.  Three years ago, we had a (Willman side) cousins reunion over at St. Pete beach.  We had a fun week and it was great to reconnect and be together for a happy occasion!




3.  Terri had a favorite aunt and uncle she will tell us about.  How about you?  I will tell you about Aunt Dot and Uncle Bill, who were parents to cousins Tom and Peggy.  I stayed at their house every summer for a week and had a blast with cousin Tom.  Aunt Dot was a good cook and baker and the Gospel Hour was on the TV on Sundays and that is how I fell in love with gospel groups, close harmony, and those good ol' gospel songs.



BUT, my favorite aunt and uncle were Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Jim.  They were parents to Pam, Jim, and Bob and grandparents to Mia, Suzy, Jason, Justin, Cory, and Stacy.  I have written about Aunt Dorothy before. She was a hoot and kept everything but the kitchen sink in her cleavage.  Uncle Jim was an artist and woodworker.  Cousin Jim got that gene and is also a wonderful artist. I could write volumes but will stop.



4.  Did/does your family have reunions and can you tell us about them?  When I was growing up, yes we had family reunions with my mom's family.  The Willmans always met at Serpent Mound in Ohio.  Good times.  The Cameron side (picture below) always met at a school.  Unfortunately, other than my close cousins mentioned above, I have lost track of most of these people (many in the picture are no longer with us anyway). Click to enlarge and you can see me...  I really, really, miss big family gatherings and am blessed to have the memories.




5.  If you have children, are they enjoying relationships with their cousins, aunts, uncles?  Our two sons are very close to their D'Orsaneo cousins and it is always fun when they get together.  You've never heard so much laughter!  Does my heart good.  Sadly, our two grandchildren, Lauren and Tristan, are not close to their D'Orsaneo cousins or with the cousins on their mom's side of the family. I really do feel sad for them to not have the closeness their dad experiences with his cousins.  This is one of the last times we were all together with the D'Orsaneos and all the kids...



6.  Tell us something random about your week so far.  I went to my class at the hospital to learn about what to expect when I get my new knee. Nothing I didn't already know but good to have the information validated. I also had my cardiology appointment and was cleared by them for surgery.  Fasting labs and an appointment with my primary is next week.  Five weeks to go!



If you answered the questions on your blog, please link up below so all the Meddlers can visit with each other!  And thanks for your visit!!


Peace & Hugs!  God Bless!!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


21 comments:

  1. Love the photograph of you and your cousins sitting on the front porch. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best re: your knee surgery and good health to you and yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How blessed you were to be surrounded by loving aunts, uncles and cousins! All these pictures are wonderful. Especially I like the third photo with your left leg positioned 'just so' … the way we were taught in 6th grade charm school. As ever, thanks for hosting, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot of great pics and memories of your family. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your post, smiles. I decided not to participate, didn't have much to contribute, sadly. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you I was blessed to grow up with an abundance of aunts, uncles and cousins. I hate that my children did not have the experience I did but with our mobile society, we did not live near family. I have so many great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved staying with your Aunt dot too :)
    it's always so good to get back with family & catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cousins are just the best! Loved seeing the photos and learning about your family, Terri. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot of lovely family members and memories you have. Thanks for sharing. Glad the prep is going well for your op.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved hearing about your cousins and the favorite aunts and uncles...the remark about your aunt keeping everything in her cleavage cracked me up! Fun family photos! Thanks for the fun Medley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a fun blog post this week and gave us all an opportunity to share about our lives and learn new things about our Medley friends. Five weeks will be here before you know it and I'm sure you have a lot of home prep leading up to that as well. I'm sure your recovery will go as smoothly as all my friends who have this done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your photos! Thanks for sharing and hosting.
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the pics of your cousins. have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much with family has changed and it seems very few have reunions any more and that may, in part, be due to folks living so far apart. A fun post and brought back a lot of fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. At long last, that new knee is getting closer. It will be wonderful! There's hardly a day that goes by that I don't thank God for my new hip and the surgeon. And wow we both sure had the cousins!! I love the photos and especially the first one with the girls wearing their Easter hats! We always got new Easter hats to go with our scratchy new Easter dresses. Lol. BTW thank you for the prompt I needed to phone my cousin. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got in touch with your cousin! Yes, those dresses were always a bit scratchy! LOL

      Delete
  16. I enjoyed all your photos. I grew up seeing my Dad's family a lot and we remain close. My moms family lived about 2 hours away so we didn't see them as much, but I still see quite a few of them.
    Glad you got the class done and the clearance for surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's good to see the pre-op stuff is getting taken care of.

    Your Aunt Dorothy -- sounds like a very fun (and interesting) woman!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terri, you are just blessed, blessed with so many people in your life! Love all the old pics and the memories. What a fun National Day today to read about cousins and aunts and uncles. It really made me want to travel and see my cousins again. I'm glad you're getting things done in preparation for that surgery. It will be here before you know it. You will get through with flying colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so nice you are close to your cousins and they you! I have to say we are all spread around the US and I would know how to reach them, but I do not really know them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that's a lot of love, right there! I wish I had been closer to my cousins like my boys and grands are. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete